If you had 5 minutes to select 10 makeup products for the rest of your life, what would they be? Would you start in order, selecting a primer, foundation, and so on? Or, would you just close your eyes and hope for the best? Recently, I’ve been thinking about what I would do if the world suddenly stopped and forced me to pick. I know, I know — we all have our own tried and true products or brands that we remain loyal too, and often disagree on, but these are 10 products that I SWEAR by (& all my friends that I have converted will agree, too!)
Let’s get this thing going!
I had to be strategic when picking my products. So, I limited myself to one product per section so I’d end with enough products for a complete look.
- First, I went straight to my makeup display and grabbed my Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation by Becca in the shade. Unlike other foundations, Becca’s provides a buildable coverage that feels ultra-light on the skin. On most days, I apply a few drops (it has the coolest eye-dropper pump) to the back of my hand and work from the center of my face out. If I want more coverage, I just go back in where I feel I need it. This foundation has lasted me for several months and is so worth the price.
- I know, I know, I mentioned this in my January favorites, but I just seriously love my girl Huda Kattan. Whether it’s eyelashes, highlight (ask my friend Alyssa, she literally swears by the 3D Highlighting Palette & Rosegold Eyeshadow Palette), lip products, or eyeshadow, she has it all and it is seriously AMAZING. She (and Glossier, of course) managed to make it on my list twice. I kinda cheated with this one, as I grabbed my Huda Beauty Lip Strobe & Contour set, but it’s the all-in-one bundle that I can never live without. Whatever look you’re going for, you have everything you could need here. I have several swatches of each of these products, but my go-to is always the Trophy Wife liquid lip and contour with the Shameless Lip Strobe on top.
- I wanted to put so many Milk Makeup products on this list, because there’s so, so many good ones (I’m looking at you, Sunshine Skin Tint, my dad and undereye’s favorite Cooling Water, Holographic Highlighter, and Blur Stick), but this was something I’ve reached for almost every time I’ve done my own or someone else’s makeup — the Matte Bronzer stick. The rollerball applicator is great for a quick, on the go touch up. You can also use it for chiseling out cheek bones and adding depth to your face when needed. With Milk Makeup’s signature Melt Technology, the product melts into your face for a seamless blend.
- Next, I automatically went to grab my Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer, which is a must for me when I’ve got a long day of work ahead of me or a fun night out on the Square with friends. I have dry, sensitive skin and this hydrates my skin, but also keeps my makeup in place. It’s infused with coconut water, probiotic-based ingredients, and various skin revivers to boost your skin’s overall glow. Plus, it smells like a tropical vacation. If you tend to have skin on the dryer side, this is a must have. Also, shoutout to me for numbering all of these products completely out of order?
- Okay, to be real, I originally gravitated towards this blush because of the packaging. With the oversized 70s sunglasses, I like to think that’s me in cartoon-form. Benefit’s Galifnoria Blush is more than just pretty packaging and a peachy scent — it’s literally the prettiest golden pink colored blush that has looked beautiful on everyone I’ve put it on. Similar to Nars‘ universally flattering shade that was literally my first-ever highend blush purchase, the slight gold shimmer in the blush creates a radiant glow on the cheeks.
- One word. Multiple products. Say it, and I’m yours. GLOSSIER. With a cult-like following, this brand has been taking over Instagram in the last few months with its amazing products. I’ve got a special place in my heart for those on the G-Team ever since their initial launch. That being said, if you know me, I’ve probably tried to get you to hop onto the Glossier train by forcing my all-time favorite lip balm on you — Balm Dotcom. It comes in six variations, which I embarrassingly have all of. But, my personal favorites are the coconut, cooling mint, and the shimmering birthday cake flavor. The birthday one based on my favorite cake from the Momofuku Milk Bar. Literally, it smells so good and moisturizes so well.
- Another Glossier product, which could easily be argued as their most popular, is the Boy Brow grooming pomade that shapes, fills, and defines your brows in one easy swoop. The four shades are designed to fit any hair color. Also, they seriously save time when you’re running late in the AM.
- Huda Beauty makes its return to the list with the Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette that launched last fall. With its warm hues and shimmer finishes, this palette can take you anywhere. I don’t think I’ve ever used the same combination of colors since I bought this palette!
- So, I lied, because Becca is on here twice, too. But, I can’t help myself. If you’ve tried their Shimmering Skin Perfector or, at least, heard someone talk about their infamous collaboration with Jaclyn Hill for the iconic shade of Champagne Pop, there is no other highlighter that compares. Your cheeks look like shimmering gold. I’ve got it in the shades Moonstone and Champagne Pop, but sometimes I sneak to use my roommate’s in Opal. What I love so much about this product is that the glow is buildable. It’s all up to the way you apply it! Put on a little for a light shimmer, or build it up, baby.
- Last, but oh-so-not least, is my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner with a micro felt tip that is seriously a MUST HAVE for the best winged eyeliner. For the most part, I finish my eye looks off with winged liner. It’s just become a part of me, y’know? I am naked without my winged eyeliner, and Stila, baby, you help get me through.
That’s a wrap on my top 10 MUST HAVE makeup products! What would yours be? Let me know down in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to shop some of my other favorite beauty products while you’re at it!